We have great pleasure in welcoming Rachel Humfrey (Lil’ Rach) to the design team for the next four months. Rachel has been a member at Chook Scraps since January 2008 and we just love her minimalist style with a hint of grunge.
We asked Rach to complete our DT questionaire so we could learn a little more about her and here are her answers:
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself
I have been married for just over two years and we have a little boy called George who is just about to turn one. I am still a stay at home mum at the moment. Apart from scrapbooking and other crafty pursuits my main interest is basketball.
2. How were you introduced to scrapping?
I can’t remember exactly. One day I think I decided I wanted to start doing something more with my photos so found out about scrapbooking. Turns out my mum’s friend Steph (Grannie Sam) was into it so she showed me some of her stuff, gave me some magazines, introduced me to Chookscraps and here I am!
3. How long have you been scrapping?
On and off since 2008.
4. What is your favourite scrapping technique?
Tough one, sanding does tend to make an appearance in pretty much everything I do!
5. Who is your favourite scrapbooker and why?
Louise Nelson as I just love her minimalist and mixed media style. Whenever I start looking through her blog I tend to get caught for ages.
6. Where do you find inspiration for your scrapbooking?
Mostly the internet in various forms: forums, blogs, tutorials, pinterest. I also get magazines sometimes.
7. What is your favourite scrapbooking tool?
I don’t think I have that many tools as such, I am getting a lot of use out of my corner punch these days. Once I have some more dies I will use my Big Shot more too.
8. What would be your most used scrapbooking product?
9. How would you describe your scrapping style?
Minimalist and frugal!
10. What do you hope to gain from being a part of the Chook Scraps DT?
I hope this experience will give me lots of new ideas, push my boundaries and encourage me to make the time to get back into scrapping properly.
Here is the page Rach submitted with her DT application and the accompanying sketch:
Such a cute page and a great sketch – I must use it for my next project.
Please make Rachel feel welcome and I am looking forward to working with her.
Happy scrapping all!