Chook Scraps Nest
A cozy place to come for all your scrapbooking chat

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello from Cairns, North Qld.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chook Scraps Nest Forum Index -> New Members Introduction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trisha
Newly Laid Egg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:20 am    Post subject: Hello from Cairns, North Qld. Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I am a scrapper of about 7 years experience. I enjoy scrapping with other forum members and am very happy to find an active forum. I like most types of forum activities and am happy to participate in them if time and money allow. I am looking forward to getting to know you and enjoying my time on the forum. Smile
Top End Girl
Supreme Clucker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Trisha, lovely to have you in the nest.

I am Top End Girl, aka Karen, I live at the top of the beautiful NT, in Darwin.
I am Mum to DD Rebekah aged 11 and partner to DH Craig who feature in my layouts. I work full time in a Laboratory here and have been scrapping since just before Rebekah was born.

You have found us at just the right time as we have a CC (cyber crop) on this weekend Wink

In the meantime pop over to the September Monthly Challenges post, would love to see your creativity in the gallery.

Are you a born and bred Cairns girl? Have never made it that far north in Queensland even after having lived in Brissie and surrounds for 30 years.

Smile

The most extraordinary thing in the world is an ordinary man and an ordinary
woman and their ordinary children.--G. K. Chesterton

Last edited by Top End Girl on Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Kobi's Nana
Champion Clucker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Trisha

I am a Queenslander that has lived in WA as well as lots of places in Queensland and NSW. Currently live 3 hours N/W of Brisbane.

I joined way back when I was scrapping, and I don't anymore but these guys have become my friends so I still loiter in the threads to keep up with what's happening and love looking at their amazing creations.

I am a Wife to Bryan who works in New Guinea and Mum to 3 gorgeous Daughters Kayci, Hayley and Selby. All are married and are delighting us with beautiful grandchildren, Kobi, Charlotte, Zahli, Luka and Sophia.

I'm sure you will enjoy the Family that Chooks is.

The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.
Eleanor Roosevelt

Grannie Sam
Absolute No1 Clucker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Trisha, and welcome. If you've got any questions please ask and between us we should be able to answer it.

I'm Steph, mum to 4 married kids and Grannie to 5. I live in the hills of Perth with hubby Niel, when he's not working away in the country as he is at the moment.

anna, our eldest daughter got me started with scrapping after she started showing me pages she'd done for the challenges here. I'm more of a card maker but surprise myself occasionally and manage a LO.

God doesn't necessarily create difficult situations for us, but He will use them to develop our character.
ToniT
Absolute No1 Clucker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Trisha, and welcome to the best little hidden paradise on the net Smile we call it the nest. You will find everyone so helpful, so just ask, and if we can help or give some advise we will! If not we will all be sitting back waiting in anticipation to learn.

I'm Toni, mum to DD Cailtyn 13 and DS Christian 12 and live in the gorgeous Top End of Oz. My layouts generally feature my children and the beautiful landscape of the Top End, I do occasionally scrap my own noggin, but not often Wink Laughing

I currently am a State Operations Manager for a Security company and find a lot of joy and down time in my scrapping... that's when I'm not heading out 4wd'ing for the kids and dog.

I too am a Queensland Girl, spent a bit of time working out of Townsville, but managed to have Cairns included into my scope of works. Some of my best holiday memories were from Malanda and the twin crater lakes Very Happy

You will love the nest, we all do Very Happy

2016 LOs - 14 2016 Cards - 21 Life Book - 4 OTP - 7 Pocket letters -2
http://scraphappynt.blogspot.com/
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." ~George Bernard Shaw
Sue-Maree
Creative Chook

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Trisha,

Welcome to the nest Smile

Our children are a living message we send to a time we will not see.
Trisha
Newly Laid Egg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tank you every one for your kind welcome I am sure I will enjoy it here. Yes I was born and raised in Nth Qld. but do very much love to travel when I can.

Thank you
Grubs_mum
Champion Clucker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Trisha, welcome to the nest.

I am Karen K (grubs-mum) and I am from Adelaide, I have 3 children Brandon aged 21, Taylor aged 20 and Hamish aged 17 and two fur babies Rex and Coco plus a hubby. My boys probably feature in my scrapbooking more than the rest of the family as I love taking photos at their footy games.

I work part time as a theatre nurse.

I am sure you will enjoy chook scraps.
Absolute No1 Clucker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Trisha. It's wonderful to welcome a new Chook! Do join in with the CCs and monthly challenges. You'll find that the challenges (winners chosen by lucky draw) are very open to different formats. So a colour challenge, for example, could be used on a LO, card, tag, etc. This gives us a lot of freedom to scrap as the mood takes us, which I love. They give me the inspiration to get started, I must admit.

I am one of the original members of the Nest, having learnt to scrap here since I joined in Jan 2005, following a class of Lorraine's that I went to as a Christmas present from my daughter Sue-Maree in Dec 2004.

I am a retired teacher, but still do relief work, which sometimes becomes so busy it's almost full time. I'm currently doing the last 3 weeks of term with a great little lot of Preppies.

My husband and I love to 'look around' our beautiful country, locally and, occasionally, somewhat further afield. But it's Sue-Maree's children who feature most on my LOs. They're pretty special kids. Our son lives in London.

I do hope you'll find a home here. Very Happy

Life: It is about the gift not the package it comes in. ~Dennis P. Costea, Jr.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chook Scraps Nest Forum Index -> New Members Introduction All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: