Chook Scraps Nest
A cozy place to come for all your scrapbooking chat

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stamps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chook Scraps Nest Forum Index -> Don't ruffle your feathers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chookie
Chief Clucker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Stamps Reply with quote

This month one of our featured products is stamps. I have tried a couple of storage options but my current favourite is the plastic DVD cases like the ones the Darkroom Door stamps come in. (Which we can order in if you would like to try them out.)

How do you store your stamps?

Chookie's Chit Chat
Cards 1 Calendar Pages 1 Scrapbook pages 1
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Grannie Sam
Absolute No1 Clucker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In too many different ways! In SU boxes, cd cases, a few in their original packaging (the type that opens easily), plastic sleeves in A5 files, a set of drawers, and only just started using the dvd cases since retreat but still have 2 empty ones.... They seem to be all over the place so would love to have them closer together in only one spot.

God doesn't necessarily create difficult situations for us, but He will use them to develop our character.
Kathy
Absolute No1 Clucker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some in DVD cases, which I like but find rather space consuming. Like Steph, I now keep them in their original packets if possible, though others are in A5 plastic sleeves.

I do have them sorted into sets of various sorts, though, which are kept together on those silver ring clips. It keeps everything ordered and in place, and I generally know exactly which of my four stamp drawers to find what I want. Love those clips!

Life: It is about the gift not the package it comes in. ~Dennis P. Costea, Jr.
Sue-Maree
Creative Chook

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine are nearly all in DVD cases which I have in three DVD storage boxes. After my inks they are my most used scrapping items so they need to be accessible Very Happy

Our children are a living message we send to a time we will not see.
Scrapdragon
Ultimate Clucker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine are now all sorted onto A5 laminated sheets, stored in A5 plastic sleeves which are all stored into a single photo box.
I even pulled all the wooden stamps apart and put the sticky stuff on them!
Each sleeve is numbered, but they are also sorted into style, ie nature, background, alpha, picture, etc.

I then have a stamp index that I can flip through and look at all the options for a type of stamp.

It was time consuming to set up, but I've found I'm actually using more stamps than before and it's very easy to return the used stamp to the sleeve and return the sleeve to the correct order without any fuss. Wink
chookie
Chief Clucker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried the A5 laminated sheets in the A5 file inserts which were in A5 files but I find the DVD cases work better for me as they are stored on a bookcase with a labeled spine and then I can just pick out the cases I want to take to the shop with me instead of carting the files. I suppose this works because I do transport them back and forth a lot.

Chookie's Chit Chat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Scrapdragon
Ultimate Clucker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be an advantage lorraine... I don't go anywhere else to scrap so I don't have to worry about portability Wink
chookie
Chief Clucker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's true Toni - when I first got the files I thought it was good and it does work just not so good for transporting.

Chookie's Chit Chat
Marion
Guest DT

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have a lot of stamps stored in A5 files, but I am slowly putting them into cd cases as they stay flat and are much better protected when travelling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chook Scraps Nest Forum Index -> Don't ruffle your feathers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: