Chook Scraps Nest
A cozy place to come for all your scrapbooking chat

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shhhh.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chook Scraps Nest Forum Index -> Surprise Competitions and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joey
Champion Clucker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qld:
1770: A town name that I have always found intriguing. Use numbers or the date in your title.
Cairns: where the rainforest meets the ocean. Use water to inspire
Toowoomba: The Garden City......Incorporate trees, leaves and/or flowers.
Charters Towers: An historical old town, where gold mining is still in production....Make your layout look a little glittery. (Or a lot, if you prefer.) Use products such as Glimmermist, bling, shiny buttons, metallic ink, etc.

NSW:
Buxton: Where my uncle and aunt live, and also the name of a company that makes wallets and handbags. Include something in an envelope, like hidden journalling or a keepsake.
Botany Bay: Where Cook first landed... do a layout on firsts.
Katoomba: Nestled in the spectacular Blue Mountains, home of the famous "Three Sisters". Create a page celebrating female friends or relatives.

ACT:
Canberra: our wonderful capital. Canberra mean meeting place. Photo of a meeting or gathering of friends/family etc

VIC:
Ballarat: remembered for gold and Eureka stockade. Use gold in your layout. Colour, title, photo
Warnambool: The Junior Fire Brigade Championships are being held there, and it is also a port, and between 2 rivers... use something wet on your layout.

Tasmania:
Richmond: A town of lolly shops and miniature villages. Use more than one small (less than 6 x 4) photo on your LO.
Port Arthur: Full of history so use an old photo (the older the better).
Dunalley: one of the towns where the bushfires recently raged.... used heat on your layout

SA:
Barossa Valley: One of Australia's oldest wine regions. Use circles (min 5) to represent the grapes.
Arkaroola: A truly rugged place....incorporate texture onto your layout
Maree: Surrounded by flat, semi-desert country......include white space
Kingscote: First SA settlement in SA - Use a fist of something for your inspiration..eg first steps, first time using a new technique

NT:
Alice Springs: The red centre of our country. Use one photo and place it in the centre of your page.
Darwin: the only place in Australia that was attacked during the war. "Remember" being your inspiration

WA:
Collie: Renowned for it's coal mining amongst the forests. Use a black background and add some flora to your page.
Newman: Lots of red dirt around so use red/brown for background.
Broome: The amazing colours of the Kimberley, blue for the ocean, white for the beaches, red for the dirt and some doodling for all the art up here.
Cunderdin: Where I started school and my 3 siblings were born. Include journalling about a significant place and associated event/s in your early childhood.
Esperance: Known for its pristine white beaches... use white as a background and sanding on your layout.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right - Henry Ford

LOs finished in 2013: 22
chookie
Chief Clucker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good girls

Chookie's Chit Chat
Cards 1 Calendar Pages 1 Scrapbook pages 1
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Sue-Maree
Creative Chook

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a heads up ladies.... the suggestions for WA towns will be closing on Wednesday night...... the other states all remain open.

Oh... and you can choose the capital cities too.... I thought there could be a few good criteria for Perth... Wink

Our children are a living message we send to a time we will not see.
Kathy
Absolute No1 Clucker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qld:
1770: A town name that I have always found intriguing. Use numbers or the date in your title.
Charters Towers: An historical old town, where gold mining is still in production....Make your layout look a little glittery. (Or a lot, if you prefer.) Use products such as Glimmermist, bling, shiny buttons, metallic ink, etc.
Gold Coast: Famous for its beaches and theme park. Use triangles or at least one flag for the beach flags or use bunting for the excitement of the theme parks.
Mt Isa: Long been mined for it's ore. Use a metal element on your page.

NSW:
Buxton: Where my uncle and aunt live, and also the name of a company that makes wallets and handbags. Include something in an envelope, like hidden journalling or a keepsake.
Katoomba: Nestled in the spectacular Blue Mountains, home of the famous "Three Sisters". Create a page celebrating female friends or relatives.

ACT:
Canberra: our wonderful capital. Canberra mean meeting place. Photo of a meeting or gathering of friends/family etc

VIC:
Ballarat: remembered for gold and Eureka stockade. Use gold in your layout. Colour, title, photo
Warnambool: The Junior Fire Brigade Championships are being held there, and it is also a port, and between 2 rivers... use something wet on your layout.

Tasmania:
Richmond: A town of lolly shops and miniature villages. Use more than one small (less than 6 x 4) photo on your LO.
Dunalley: one of the towns where the bushfires recently raged.... used heat on your layout

SA:
Barossa Valley: One of Australia's oldest wine regions. Use circles (min 5) to represent the grapes.
Kingscote: First SA settlement in SA - Use a fist of something for your inspiration..eg first steps, first time using a new technique

NT:
Alice Springs: The red centre of our country. Use one photo and place it in the centre of your page.
Darwin: the only place in Australia that was attacked during the war. "Remember" being your inspiration

WA:
Collie: Renowned for it's coal mining amongst the forests. Use a black background and add some flora to your page.
Broome: The amazing colours of the Kimberley, blue for the ocean, white for the beaches, red for the dirt and some doodling for all the art up here.
Cunderdin: Where I started school and my 3 siblings were born. Include journalling about a significant place and associated event/s in your early childhood.
Esperance: Known for its pristine white beaches... use white as a background and sanding on your layout.

Life: It is about the gift not the package it comes in. ~Dennis P. Costea, Jr.
Grubs_mum
Champion Clucker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qld:
Gold Coast: Famous for its beaches and theme park. Use triangles or at least one flag for the beach flags or use bunting for the excitement of the theme parks.

NSW:

ACT:

VIC:
Mansfield, Victorian high country: home of the man from snowy river, use dimension on your layout to represent the high country

Tasmania:

SA:

NT:

WA:
Absolute No1 Clucker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qld:
Gympie: Queensland was bankrupt and when James Nash discovered gold in the area in 1867, Gympie became 'The Town That Saved Queensland'. Use something gold.

NSW:
Gundagai as an iconic Australian town: Where the Dog Sits on the Tuckerbox (five miles from Gundagai)……….Add an animal
Tumut is the centre of a thriving softwood industry based on plantation Pinus radiata. Carter Holt Harvey Wood products operate a major sawmill and a chipboard panel factory…………..Use chipboard!
Wagga Wagga is NSW’s largest inland city and its aboriginal meaning is crow. Add a bird.

ACT:

VIC:
Mansfield, Victorian high country: home of the man from snowy river, use dimension on your layout to represent the high country

Tasmania:

SA:

NT:

WA:
mitch
Teenage Chick

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qld:

NSW:

ACT:

VIC:
Bright: famous for the autumn colours ... Use leaves on your LO

Tasmania:

SA:

NT:

WA:

There is always time to add a word, never time to withdraw one!
Grannie Sam
Absolute No1 Clucker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we lost a couple.... Mansfield was one, because I was just reading about it and then it wasn't in the next post (I have a friend who is living and working there).

Qld:
Gympie: Queensland was bankrupt and when James Nash discovered gold in the area in 1867, Gympie became 'The Town That Saved Queensland'. Use something gold.

NSW:
Gundagai as an iconic Australian town: Where the Dog Sits on the Tuckerbox (five miles from Gundagai)……….Add an animal
Tumut is the centre of a thriving softwood industry based on plantation Pinus radiata. Carter Holt Harvey Wood products operate a major sawmill and a chipboard panel factory…………..Use chipboard!
Wagga Wagga is NSW’s largest inland city and its aboriginal meaning is crow. Add a bird.

ACT:

VIC:

Tasmania:

SA:

NT:

WA:

God doesn't necessarily create difficult situations for us, but He will use them to develop our character.
Monk
Champion Clucker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm adding one to Vic - my home state is under represented. Wink

Qld:

NSW:

ACT:

VIC:
Cowes: our January destination on Phillip Island, home of the famour Penguin Parade. Use a bird/animal somewhere on the page in honour of the town's name or the penguins who make ther homein the dunes. (And yes, I know about cows and cowes lol)

Tasmania:

SA:

NT:

WA:

www.alisonellisdesign.com.au
Scrapdragon
Ultimate Clucker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need some more WA ones.... Wink

Qld:

NSW:

ACT:

VIC:
Cowes: our January destination on Phillip Island, home of the famour Penguin Parade. Use a bird/animal somewhere on the page in honour of the town's name or the penguins who make ther homein the dunes. (And yes, I know about cows and cowes lol)

Tasmania:

SA:

NT:

WA:
Perth: The capital of WA.... Use large letters (at least 2") on your layout.
Albany: Where the troops saw their last glimpse of Australia when leaving for World War I... Use metal on your layout for the Rising Sun Badge they all wore
Kalgoorlie: Home of the Big Pit and mining... use a large photo on your layout
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chook Scraps Nest Forum Index -> Surprise Competitions and Challenges All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: