Chook Scraps Nest
A cozy place to come for all your scrapbooking chat

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finding Your Way Around the Nest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chook Scraps Nest Forum Index -> Welcome to Chook Scraps Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kathy
Absolute No1 Clucker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:58 am    Post subject: Finding Your Way Around the Nest Reply with quote

To people unsed to scrapping forums, they can be a little daunting at first, so I'll try to give a quick description here.

To help us organize ourselves, it's set out a bit like a book with many chapters. For us at this time, these main sections are highlighted in blue. As you work your way down the forum they are as follows:

Arrow Chook Scraps News
Arrow Chook Scraps Chat
Arrow Non-Scrapbooking Chat
Arrow Chook Scraps How To's
Arrow Chook Scraps Christmas Inspiration
Arrow Chook Scraps Competitions and Challenges
Arrow Chook Scraps Cybercrops
Arrow Chook Scraps On-line Classes
Arrow Chook Scraps Games
Arrow Chook Scraps Healthy Living Centre
Arrow News from Outside the Nest

Some of these sections are busier than others, regardless os where they are on the list, so always remember to scroll right down the page. Within each section or chapter are the sub-sections which we call threads. You can see these on your screen marked with a book page within a circle. If this is yellow when you log on, it means a new post (entry) has been added since your last visit.

Take a look at Chook Scraps News. The threads in here begin:
Arrow What's New at Chook Scraps
Arrow Meet our Creative Chooks
Arrow Calendar of Events
and so on

What I have described so far are the basic bones of the Nest, and only Lorraine (Chookie) or Anna, as administrators, can add to or delete these.

Now within each of those threads are more threads, a whole tapestry of them! This is where we chat and carry on the business of scrapping and making this place feel like 'home'.
You are currently
Arrow in the section Chook Scraps Chat,
Arrow in the thread Welcome to the Nest
Arrow in which I have created my own thread that you are now reading, called Finding Your Way Around the Nest
Arrow all entries within a thread are called posts

You can add to this thread, or any other, simply by clicking Post Reply which is under the post. Don't worry about any details other than the body of the text. You don't need titles, etc. Then just click Submit. Once it is submitted, if you see a spelling error or want to change something in your post, you can do this at any time by clicking the edit button at the top right of your post.

Life: It is about the gift not the package it comes in. ~Dennis P. Costea, Jr.
Grannie Sam
Absolute No1 Clucker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kathy for all that info. I should have done it as part of my Nest Nanny duties.... Embarassed

Of course if you don't want to scroll through the whole list of sub-forums you can click on 'View posts since last visit' which is at the top right of the index. This will give you a list of threads which have had new posts added since you were last logged in and by clicking on the arrow and page under 'Topics' it will take you to those posts you haven't read yet.

Maybe we should start having a bit of fun in the 'Just for Fun' games thread..... It's been a while!!

God doesn't necessarily create difficult situations for us, but He will use them to develop our character.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chook Scraps Nest Forum Index -> Welcome to Chook Scraps Chat All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: